Tuesday, February 12, 2008

To My Valentine

We celebrate unconditionals
and intentional gifts of adoration.
Thank you for
choosing me dear.
We've made it through
another year dear
"I love you" echoed for
coupled ears to hear
You shouldn't have
But I'm so glad you did.
Where would I be without you?
Forgiven of my past and saw
my tomorrow.
I borrowed your strength
powered like a rocket
Given a gift greater
than chocolate.
You sacrificed
for my future.
Selfless
epitome of Brave
Honesty
This is how love behaves.
Not for cool points
but because it was right.
Thank you for loving
enough to fight.
My valentine gave that
I might have better.
Gave me the greatest
of history's love letters.
My valentine will forever be,
the ones who made me truly free.





Happy Black History Month...

No comments: