Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Wonderland


These pictures are not of some ones house on the Northeast of the United States. And this isn't a picture of someone's house in the Midwest. These two pictures are of the front of my house, and my backyard in GEORGIA!! I was going to blog about the weather earlier this week, when is snowed on Wednesday, but it came and went so quickly that I thought it was just a fluke. But this morning while I was getting ready for church, I looked out the window and forgot where I was.

We're originally from Massachusetts so this weather doesn't faze us one bit, But these Atlanta driver could have swore they were in the midst of a blizzard. Hazard lights flashing, and windshield wipers flapping like there was no tomorrow. While we're in out Envoy SUV cruising by like its just a little rainy day. It's funny how inventive people get when snow is piled on top of your car and you don't have the proper equipment. I saw a women using her umbrella to try and push the heavy snow off of her windshield. Church Bulletins were folded and used as makeshift scrapers. It was kinda funny. But we did help a few people who seemed baffled as to what to do. I think some people we actually considering waiting in the church, until the 'blizzard" passed.

But it was good to see some kids enjoy their first real snow storm. Immediately after church they all made snowballs and had a mini fight in the back of church. I don't know where their parent were though, because I'd be whooping my child if they were rolling around in the snow in their church clothes. When we drove up up to our house, all of the neighborhood kids were laying flat their backs, trying to make snow angels. (Def didn't have enough snow for that, but they don't know any better) lol it was cute.

I really thought I escaped New England-esque weather when I came to GA... clearly I was wrong.

Forecast for next week: Sunny 55 degrees... I don't get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D...I love you... your writing captures the thought, feeling and emotion that one may think too insignificant to mention. You force me to pay attention to every minute detail....I mean who knows, it could be memoir worthy...